Automotive Employment Opportunities in Baltimore
At Jerry’s Collision Center, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team. We have a range of jobs available at our company. We hope to welcome you to the team! We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, offering jobs to minorities, women, protected veterans, disabled, and those with various sexual orientations and gender identities.
Auto Body/Alignment Suspension Technician
Jerry’s Collision Center has an immediate opening for a Front-end/ Alignment/ Suspension Technician. Our Collision Center is supported by a High Volume Toyota & Chevrolet Dealership and multiple Insurance Direct Repair Programs. Our Customers are special to us and it’s our responsibility to go the extra mile for them. Jerry’s Collision Center is successfully growing and as a fast-paced, busy collision center, we are looking for talented Technicians for the mechanical work required when repairing damaged vehicles. Front-end/ suspension knowledge extremely important, alignments and steering repairs for the work description. Please inquire in person about the possible signing bonus. We are a full-service auto body repair facility that has been family owned and operated since 1957!
Jerry’s Collision Center is I-Car certified and Toyota Certified. Jerry’s Collision Center also works on all Makes and Models.
- Diagnose and repair full-frame vehicles and uni-body structural damage
- Repair and Replace body panels
- Replace damaged wiring harness or reinstall harnesses after body repairs
- Remove and Reinstall interiors
- Certificates on (I-Car welding, I-Car certifications, ASE Training, and ASE Structural)
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s License
Jerry’s Auto Group is proud to offer a variety of benefits packages, employee vehicle pricing, and Sundays off!
- Excellent Compensation
- Health/Dental/Life insurance packages
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Job Training
- Excellent opportunity for advancement
Auto Body Technician
Jerry’s Collision Center has immediate openings for auto body techs/ collision specialists to join our high volume body shop. Jerry’s is a Toyota certified body shop that continually has business feeding from insurance companies and customers through our three sales and service centers that include Chevrolet, Toyota and Mitsubishi.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete dis-assembly of vehicle in order to assist Service Advisor with preparing a 100% Repair Plan
- Ensure all needed repairs identified to eliminate supplements and minimize repair time
- Inspect and test drive repaired vehicles to check for compliance with safety and quality standards
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure an efficient and effective repair.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and must be able to walk, sit, bend, push/pull, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach or crawl frequently
- Regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts
- Regularly exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and/or caustic chemicals – requires use of a respirator
- Moderate noise levels in this working environment
- Occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet or humid conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Collision/Auto Body Painter
Jerry’s Collision Center in Parkville is now hiring for a Collision / Auto body Painter for our busy Collision Center.
Job Summary: The Painter refinishes damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership quality specifications and time standards.
- Removes rust from metal, and grease and dirt from work surface
- Masks and protects parts that are not to be painted or coated
- Fills cavities and dents with putty to attain smooth surface
- Mixes paint according to specifications
- Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce desired color
- Paints surface using sprayer or brush as appropriate
- Inspects painted units for quality of workmanship, noting any runs, sags, and unpainted areas
- Heats and sprays wax onto products after they are tested
- Maintains tools and keeps equipment clean and in a proper state of repair
- Cooperates and assists other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicle
- Valid Driver’s License, with less than 2 moving violations
- High school diploma or GED required
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic MS Office knowledge; computer software, internet proficiency and general mathematic skills
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations; “think on your feet”
- Health Insurance (Medical and Dental, Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match
- Job Training Programs
- Personal Time off